Be smart and save money by planting now! You can receive a sweet deal because Custom Lawn needs to keep our landscape crews busy during this slow season AND most plant material is on sale. We can also help you Go Green because we can save you water and money with Xeriscaping. Since drought conditions are always a possibility in the Johnson County area, it makes good environmental sense to be prepared for dry weather. Xeriscaping is a method of landscaping that promotes water conservation through the following principles:
• Planning and design – deciding which plants to keep or add based on your planned landscape’s functions.
• Soil analysis – to determine if soil amendments are necessary for healthy plant growth.
• Practical turf areas – selecting turf according to its use, location and care requirements.
• Appropriate plant selection – ensuring that all plants will grow well in your region.
• Efficient irrigation – making sure that most of the water you apply gets to your plants’ root systems.
• Use of mulch – helps soil to retain moisture and keeps soil temperatures more even.
• Appropriate maintenance – determined by the kinds of plants you select.
Make an appointment today for a FREE consultation with our Landscape Designer. We’ll be happy to help you with ideas and solutions for low-maintenance, water-efficient landscaping. From Lenexa to Shawnee, we serve all of Johnson County, KS.